We’ve got a lot more digital training modules available lately in District 287, and the demand is increasing significantly. District 287 staff members can self enroll in many of these courses. Here are the instructions to self enroll in District 287 Moodle courses that have this feature enabled.
Things You Need
- Name of course (or a link to the course)
- You login information (first half of your District 287 email, and your email password)
- Enrollment Key (given to you for the course)
Here is a short video that walks you through the self-enrollment process. Written instructions follow.
- Log in to the District 287 Moodle. You don’t need to register for an account if you are District 287 staff. Your username is the first portion of your District 287 email address. Your password is your district password, the same one that you use to log in to email and the staff page on the 287 website.
- Once you’ve logged in, you need to navigate to the course you want to self enroll in. If you’ve been given a link to the course, use that. If not, at the bottom of the main page is a “Search courses” field. Enter in some unique part of the course name, and click on “Go”. Your course should show up in the list of courses, click on it. If it doesn’t show up, try some different search terms.
- The course will pop up, but ask you for an enrollment key. In order to self enroll, you have to have been given this by someone who wants you to take the course, or you can ask the course author for a key. Type the key into the correct field, click on “Enroll me,” and you’re done!